Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cadavericious California

No such walk occurred as was discussed last night. Slept in forever instead. Luckily Keith and Amber brought back bagels so I could have one along with the leftovers of my awesome salad from last night. We all got ready then grabbed Kristen fromher apartment complex and drove to San Francisco to UCSF to see the cadaver that Christian and his classmates are dissecting...definitely never thought I would witness something like that. I actually expected to be much more uneasy than I was, but I think because it wasn't completely just chilling out in the open completely uncovered it was much easier to avoid thinking of her (94 year-old "Isabelle") as a living breathing being. Flashbacks to 7th grade in Mr. Dys's class and 9th grade with Scherer...*shivers*

Amazingly, we were all still hungry post-human-body-dissection-viewing so we headed to a Thai restaurant. I have no idea what I ate but it was good :) Super hilarious lunch. 'Nuff said.

We were going to attempt a trip to look out over the city but the clouds rolled in as we were driving up so there were quick decisions made to alter our route and head back to Alameda's Hangar 1 so that Christen and Amber could have their first experience there with vodka tasting. Keith knocked Kristen in the head with his seat, nd I blame him for her migraine which kept her from finishing her tasting. Luckily I was able to enjoy her last 4 tastings which include my favorites from last time, the sweet pear and raspberry...not vodka.

After that we drove to meet for a Buckley family dinner at Sato Sushi in San Jose-ish where we had three types of rolls. I'm usually not a fan, but they really weren't bad. We walked off our dinner down the street and over the train tracks, and got ingrediens for their bloddy marys and the dessert of brownies and icecream from Lucky's supermarket.

I enjoyed some tv shows, and I couldn't tell you when the last time I did that was, with the exception of the Goddess of Reggaeton in Costa Rica! Exhausted once again...starting to gear up and plan for the road trip tomorrow.

Hoy es miercoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment