Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Full day in the States

Woke up to my phone alarm at 6:30 and had no idea where I was, why I was here, or why on earth my phone alarm was going off. I stood in the middle of my room at Keith's amongst my belongings staring at the phone until I realized what it was trying to tell me...time to get up, wake up Keith, and go get Amber.

Luckily for us, but not-so-much for Amber, her flight was delayed almost 4 hours, which meant I got to go back to sleep until 11, walk to the store (instead of driving), have one of Mrs. B's omelettes, and chill for a bit before heading to San Fran, WITHOUT traffic. Got Amber and headed to Alameda, where Keith attempted to pull a Keith/Adam 5 miles til empty-tank trick...but all was fine, we got gas, saw Hangar 1 was closed, chilled at the most un-Irish, Irish Pub I've ever been to, McGrath's where K and A played darts, and then we headed to the Tiki Something or other, which was really neat inside...I wish I had my camera. Amber colored "Pura Vida" onto a dollar bill and Keith designed the "Tico Time" onto umbrellas so that we could add them to the collection hanging from the corkboard ceiling which will one day be donated to charity.

Headed back to San Jose where we were met with hunger and an interest in Italian food so we hit up a restaurant for some great bread and one of the best Cranberry Salads I have ever had...

back at the house we threw in laundry, still wet from Monteverde, and just finished watching slideshows of our cross country trip part one, of honduras, and of the first 2 days of Monteverde...many more to come...

need sleep...possibly a walk in the am? Then?

hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment