Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bienvenidos a Honduras!

Got to Costa Rica super early. Went through customs, chatted with the dude in order to avoid paying the exit tax since we were what they deemed "travelers in transit." Got back in line to check in. The guy told me I speak well :-D The woman who checked us in hated her life. It didn't help that I had to have her repeat herself for nearly everything...so that humbled me quickly. The security guy checked my passport and must have thought that I was super-bubbly for it being 5:30am because he laughed and told me I was smiley.

Once through security we scoped out our gate (there were only 10) and crashed on the floor for a good 6 or 7 hours. We got Cinnabon (who would have guessed?) and then it was time to get on our short flight to Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I think I scared Keith when I told him about the crash that happened there last year...oops! I noticed in my passport that I came into Honduras on the same date last year. Weird, huh?

Didn't change money at the airport. I'm trying to save and I know it would just be spent at the soda to buy snacks, anyhow. The girls who met us there were Joan and Erin and they seem really cool. I surprised the heck out of Padre Andy, Maura, and Pat. The new kids in the CUA Mission Honduras team seem pretty nice. Played the celebrity letter game, had banana bread, and enjoyed the ride to Conejo. It was interesting to see other people react to the country the way I did last year. Now I know how Leah must have felt.

Didn't do much of anything but unpack a bit and listen to Keith play guitar this afternoon. Met the temporary house director, Yvonne. I like her a lot. Tim, from last year, is here and he brought his friend from the seminary, Jason. It's like a reunion of sorts. There's a small LSU group but it's not the same people from last year.

We're working on a roof at La Via all week! I can't wait to see Jaskin.

No comments:

Post a Comment