Thursday, May 21, 2009

More of La Via, No Jaskin





Got up at 6 to run with the boys again today. Farley came, too, as did Keith and Mo. I made it further today with the help of Keith. I hope I'll be ready for soccer next week! Running at this altitude may help: It feels like a monkey crawled into my chest and doesn't want to move.


All the usual stuff then La Via for more take-down. I made friends with a gorgeous dog today! I want to take him home. He's friendly but very shy. There were boys at the soccer field today but Jaskin wasn't there. I asked Adan if he's still here and he is...Maybe tomorrow.


Spent most of my day sweeping off the good ceiling tiles to be reused. Most of the girls continued to pull out nails and the guys started pulling down the trusses (still intact) from the roof.

nail=clavo


This afternoon I slept through playtime on accident. I feel terrible. Keith said it's no big deal but I look at it as my reason for being here so sleeping through it isn't acceptable to me.


After dinner we watched a video by a volunteer on the Mission. I was pretty good and the closest I've gotten to knowing about Father Emil so far. Afterwards Keith, Pat, Sara, Andrew and I played a rousing game of Apples to Apples. After going multiple rounds without a win I finally made a comeback to win the game :)

One of the long-term volunteers, Meg, leaves tomorrow. So while the CUA group was at their meeting, Keith and I went up to partake in the dance party with a bunch of the kids. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment