Friday, May 22, 2009

JASKIN!


So, at the suggestion of Yvonne, I asked to see Jaskin today. His house-dad told me that he was at school but when I told him that I am Jaskin's madrina he sent some of the little ones off to find him. At first I was pretty sure he didn't remember me. It was a bit strange but when he had to go back to school he asked if I'll be around tomorrow-yay!

The work project time was spent busting apart trusses, making a box to mix concrete in, and watching the practice of slicing up a pig. I also met Juan, Santiago's helper, and little Miguel who was home from school with a sore throat.

Breakthrough! On the walk from to La Via Santiago actually spoke to me! Amazing. He seemed more willing to answer questions and to let me help today but still doesn't delegate work as well as Geraldo did. I base this on the lack of hand tools available for all of us to take part in "de-nailing" and the lack of uses that he found for the people who didn't have tools. We were literally making up jobs for ourselves to do...the ceiling tile sweeping, for example. I need to be more patient but I'm glad that Mark noticed that we weren't being used to our potential.

truss=bigo
box=cajon
to mix=mezclar/hacer mezclas
pig=cerdo

Siesta locale:

CUA Group:

We made it to Honduras :)

This afternoon Erin gave us a tour of Flores which was new to me. I got attacked by fire ants at the wood shop-MAJOR OUCH! I also got the privilege of meeting a lot of the artists at the high school including the famous Alex Noe whose paintings I absolutely love both for their creative content and skill.


Oh! And we totally hit up the tienda...
"China tienda?"
"China hammock?"

No comments:

Post a Comment