Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another day

So I was back on track today. We headed to San Luis this morning around 8:30 or so to take site measurements and survey for a few hours. It was so nice to just be outdoors and in the sun. After a few hours of work we sat around on rocks in the cow pasture and waited for Anibal to come back to pick us up, just chatting and taking in the sun...some more than others--I had sunscreen thanks to Will.

Will and I worked on putting the points into sketchup, CAD, and Rhino during the afternoon and found that we were only 20cm off in our measuring over a distance of about 45 meters...not too shabby!

On the walk home I saw Cristian and he invited me to come watch their game tonight around 8. I was planning on going to the supermarket(SuperCompro) before meeting people at Tree House in Santa Elena around then, so I thought it might be a possibility. I ended up meeting up with Sam and Tuona at the pizzeria and walking to Tree House at 8:15ish where we met up with Josh. I split a pizza with Sam and we all just sat and talked for a while. On the way home Sam taxi'd it up and the rest of us walked and ended up running into Fernando who was on his way to meet up with us. Since all of the places up the hill were closed we headed back down to Bar Amigos and watched Cruzada, which Tuona says is actually titled 'Kingdom of Heaven' in the US.

Fernando approached DJ Toni to put some Pachata (spelling?) on and we danced for a bit during commercials. Grabbed a taxi to get home around 11:30 and I'm officially exhausted.

Plain White T's, John Mayer, and Jason Mraz were on the radio today which made me happy. There isn't enough music going on here...I definitely miss that, and spicy food.

I sleep for nearly 1/2 the day and I am still always tired but I'm in Costa Rica...so pura vida--gotta just live it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment