Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally designing

Woke up this morning after my first really restless night since I left the US and decided not to meet up with Keith to run this morning. When I told Daisy, she said "I'll do it tomorrow--a woman's words." That just fired me up...so you can bet I'll be running tomorrow!

It's Adam's Bday-Happy bday to him. I missed the Greeny girls' bdays while we were at the beach, so happy birthdays to them as well!

We met this morning and talked more...and then FINALLY split up and started trying to design a way to fit the programs into the site. It is definitely difficult. I basically took the road of...there are two even levels, the question is only where the cut into the land it occurring for the first floor. I tried to put the maximum greywater treatment area possible...I may change that up when I go at the designing again tomorrow. We have to talk to Anibal, but I'm really hoping that we can put parking in the public area...that would help us out a ton with space to spread out program and create more green space for Amber to work with.

By the end of the day I was pretty burnt out from designing my first three schemes so I read the second chapter of my book from Cristina for Spanish (Unica, mirando al mar). I actually am getting into it and am almost halfway done. I just realized that I can't remember the last time I completed a book in English. The novels I've read...or started...have all been in Spanish for as long as I can remember. The only exception is for required reading I've done for classes. (And most of THAT was for Spanish classes!! Hmmmm. I suppose the FLW book I borrowed will count if I finish it when I get home but it's definitely not a novel. Time will tell, I suppose.

So after class I stuck around and talked to Mom and Dad. They're coming with Jess and Alice July 2. I think Keith and I are going to meet up with them in Jaco, a beachtown on the Pacific coast in the Gulf of Nicoya. We'll have to figure out what to do for the free week up to that point...perhaps Samara?!

Keith and I walked home...my flip-flops flipped and flopped a ton of mud all over my khaki pants...lol...oh well--they are really easy to clean.

I took a quick shower, changed, and headed toward MoonShiva to watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Met up with Tyler and Bryan on the way...got scared out of my mind by cows who had gotten out of the pasture and were moving around on the side of the road, and killed a scorpion on the way! Eventful, no?!

Got to Moon Shiva and the boys headed home...I went down the stairs and didn't see anyone so I headed out and kept walking a short way until I ran into Bryan and we walked back together and waited for everyone to show. In the meantime we found out the cable wasn't working so we transferred to Johnny's Pizzeria to watch the game. We caught the 2nd and 3rd periods and watched them with a woman from Detroit which was entertaining. Linsey, Amber, and I split pizza...now I really want to go running tomorrow!!

Marlen and Mariana were waiting for me when I got home. Mariana is such a cutie when she isn't crying! haha. Desperate Housewives was on TV in Spanish...the tornado episode...how I know anything about that having never watched it, I have no idea?! Whatever. Didn't bother starting a new trend so it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment