Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not-so-family-day

Was supposed to spend a good majority of my day with the family for the baptism and the birthday party...and my alarm didn't go off...

This is not a new issue. I think the problem was that my alarm clock needs a new battery which is why I've depended on my cell phone (which is only about 50% reliable...0% this morning). The fam probably thinks I was out late drinking but it was just something that little. I'm surprised they didn't wake me up, especially considering that we've talked about it all week, if not more than that...I almost feel like they didn't really want me there and it was just a courtesy thing? I don't know.

Other than that I had a good day. That smoke last night really did me in...my throat is killing me and my head is pounding. Studio wasn't happening so Amber and I layed out on the front lawn, walked with Dan's host brother, Francis, to the cheese factory, and then the three of us and his younger brother, Luis, played some frisbee. We almost killed them when they ran into the bushes trying to catch a few of our throws...oops!

Amber and I headed down to Sta. Elena to run some errands and ended up sitting and chatting for a while over a plate of Nachos and some strawberry smoothies at the Tree House cafe. Walked all the way back up to the Institute only to find Linsey and Tuona heading back down to town so we grabbed our stuff, and Keith, and met up to walk down to the Tree House for dinner and relaxation. Calm day, with lots of walking, and lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment