Monday, June 15, 2009

Work Work Work! Faster!

Got up later than I´d hoped today. Setting the cell phone didn´t work...not quite sure why not.

Spanish class went well. Except three women tend to dominate and intimidate a certain male in our class...eh hem..Fernando! Not that I blame him too much because there aren´t any other males to help him defend against us. After this disaster of a weekend I still hadn´t gotten my music project done for class so it´s due Wednesday. With our client meeting tomorrow I still won´t have time for it until tomorrow night.

The internet situation here is really really tough. One, because it´s spotty to begin with, but two because I don´t have a laptop yet (the fam is being awesome and bringing one over break to help me out)! Not having a laptop would be totally fine if the two comps they set up for us were a) logged in without the missing password and username and b) connected to the net. Since they aren´t, though, it means that my options are a) library between 8 and 5...when I am not allowed to use skype, b) depend on my awesome friends to let me borrow laptops for research etc during the day and for skype at night, c) pay to use internet cafes, or d) go old school and just go without it...which I do. No complaints at all, just thoughts.

Spent the rest of the day working on my site plan-floor plans for our meeting tomorrow. Amazing how long hand-drawings take!

Had dinner at home with Marlen and Daisy. Raul had a fever...he was dressed up for winter in Buffalo and it was approximately 70 degrees...just to give you an idea of what ¨winter¨is like here.

Met up with Tuona at Johnny´s and just chatted for a few hours. Our bartender-waiter Randall came to say hello. Linsey showed up too for an escape from the family for a bit. I really enjoyed just hanging out with them and NOT going to bed at 8pm. When I told Daisy I was going out for coffee she said ¨going out on the streets again...¨ oh goodness. It equates to Gram´s ¨dirty little stayout¨ label I suppose! It´s amazing that going out at 8pm and staying out until 10 is a late night!

On the way home there weren´t any clouds...it was incredible. I think this was the first time I really saw the stars and it was gorgeous. I wish I had someone to walk up to the radio towers with to get away from the ¨city lights,¨ if you could call them that. Managed to look down just in time to avoid stepping on a tarantula...yep. That´s correct. It was running around so I decided to use my foot for scale instead of my hand.


Sleep...it sounds like there are bugs in every direction...I´m learning to sleep with my head out from underneath three blankets, though, so I guess I´m making steps in the right direction...

Not quite tica yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment