Monday, June 8, 2009

Back at it... missing the beach.

yeeeeeah shirts!

Can't believe how fast I passed out last night when I finally allowed myself to!

Today Kevin Connors, our arch professor arrived for his first day with us. His daughters are here with him and his wife and son are coming later on.

We had Spanish this morning and Fernando got sick again so he is out for the day so it was girls' day for class and we had some good discussions that don't happen every day so it was really nice. Cristina really seems to care a lot about our emotional, intellectual, and physical needs which is really awesome. It's nice to know we have someone to go to if we need her.

Our first studio issue of the day was a round-yard discussion (yes, we had class outside in the sun because it was beautiful!) where we described our projects and the developments we've made on them so far to Kevin. We also did sort of a run-down group therapy share session about our host-family lives and that was quite enlightening...who knew that some people had internet? Or that some people in our class are the host-uncles of others?? haha. Good times.

This afternoon there wasn't too much going on...our project needs a bit more direction and our major research is done. Keith was finishing up the site map so Tuona and I finally designed and cut up our MVI shirts for this weekend (shout out to Jill and her Michael Jordan shirt from our Jr. Class Trip to DC!!!) It was definitely a fun little design and implementation charette and I think we are both pretty happy bout the outcomes...can't wait to see Anibal's reaction to the destruction of the shirts! haha. Oh boy.

Fixage for the photo op:

No soccer...odd. Oh well. It worked out well because at dinner I was telling Daisy about the shells that we collected at the beach to make jewelry with and was asking where we could buy string and she showed me what she had in her sewing room and let me see all of the different seeds that they use to make bracelets to sell at the Co-op. The various shapes, colors, and sizes were unimaginable and I'm really hoping that Marlen will show me some techniques she uses to make them into jewelry. As for Daisy and I, we jumped right in and started stringing things together. She taught me a way to double and twist string that doesn't allow it to unwind afterwards which also makes it thicker and stronger. We made two shell necklaces and a coral bracelet. Next time we go to the beach I'm going to bring some string so I can just make them there...it will fill that down time that I hate where we just sit around and do nothing...I know--terrible life, right?

So it's been a design-oriented day, albeit not having anything to do with architecture!

I have a feeling this will be a good week. I even read the first chapter of my spanish book after we finished the jewelry while Daisy worked on her quilting. Sleep now...I'm going running at 6 with Keith tomorrow.

Love <3 hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment