Wednesday, June 3, 2009

US in Costa Rica

Had spanish class this am. Nothin too crazy. I like that Cristina is really into global awareness and social justice because we get to read a lot about it and it's a really cool topic to discuss in a formal setting.

Fernando is trying to set up a trip to the beach for this weekend. People are beginning to get homesick, and I'm definitely not an exception. My mind has been kind of all over the place and with lots of unsure footings it's hard too keep my focus for too long on any given thing.

It was really nice to have the US @ Costa Rica soccer game tonight, though. We all met up at Bar Amigos around 7 to watch the game. Linsey was all decked out in her host-family's CR stuff which was entertaining. We got whomped, 3-1 and played absolutely horrendously but it was really exciting to see how pumped everyone was for the goals. I'm pretty sure I hear that it's the first time we've scored here in a long time, and we rarely, if ever, win here...so it was to be expected. I'm sure Anibal will give us a hard time about it tomorrow. It's been a long week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment