Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And then there were less than 2 weeks before presentation week...

Still not feeling too hot. Probably have a cold from constant changing between the altitude extremes or something? Who knows.

Ummm...school is frustrating. We are back to matrix-making etc. again...which we, as architecture students, are not all that fond of. Learning, learning, learning...breathe. We had a guy come to do a presentation today on Integrated Design and then to assist us in matrixing things that are actually not that typical to think of combining. Post-5:30...which is 30 minutes after we are supposed to be released from class, by the way, I overhear our visiting critic suggesting that our teachers have us go home for dinner and come back to do work afterwards around 6:30. I almost freaked, but it's completely not feasible anyhow, so I just tried to breathe and let it go.

Went on skype, no one was on.
It was really cold all day today with some intense wind.
The sunset, however, was beautiful from the institute balcony.

Tried to journal, but wasn't very successful. When Tuona was done with her skyping she, Linsey and I walked home and decided to meet up at Johnny's instead of going to the Argentine Cafe. I grabbed a quick dinner at home and attempted to take part in family time. For some reason it is much more difficult when other people are not around. It was so fun and easy when my family was here or when Amber and Linsey were over during break. After looking at a few pictures from the bike race that they had in Monteverde last weekend I grabbed the shells I told Jandro I'd bring back for jewelry and headed down to drop them off before meeting up with the girls. Ended up seeing Keith and missing T and Lins passing in the process of talking with Ronald and Alejandro, so I finally figured I must have missed them and walked up the hill to meet them. Good, much-needed girltalk, plus Nacho, Luis-Carlos, and Randall...always positive parts of the day. Heyner is done working there apparently...so now I need to get hold of him about the farm trip somehow. I forgot to ask Randall and he didn't say anything before he peaced out... :-/

Headed home pretty late and I'm just going to pass out and hope tomorrow is better for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment