Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just another day at the beach


Woke up late sweating like crazy because, Toto, we're not in Monteverde anymore!

Jairo and I got up and chatted with the fam then headed to the Soda in Congrejal for breakfast/brunch. I wasn't feeling too hot so I just had water and watermelon...which was awesome because they refrigerated the fruit...soooooo good :)

Campsite in the morning :)

After breakfast I got ready for the beach and Jairo headed to work. I met up with everyone a lot further down than normal after finding out the groups whereabouts from Choco. Chillin', some frisbee attempts, soccer with Choco and Dan for a good deal of time, and then heading back down the beach makes for a fabulous afternoon! Unfortunately we missed beach olympics or gymnastics or something...which sounded like a blast...maybe tomorrow?!

Mini-surfer!!

Poor Clara...she was in the group behind me on the way back to Congrejal, and she ended up stepping on something, getting stung, and having her entire foot swell up like crazy! She's in a lot of pain and stayed in with the family for dinner.
We had dinner again at the little place on Main Street. Arroz con pollo for most of us...and it ended up being entirely too much food. I only finished about 1/2 of my rice, and only because it was in front of me and we sat there forever trying to digest. Ended up combining some plates for people to bring back to the campsite for later.

Linsey with the happy puppy that was sick and not eating :-(
Tuona, Dan, Linsey and I brought the food back for Clara and for later so that no one had to carry it around while dancing or fussballing etc then we headed out to Olas then to Tabanuco.
Mike and Linsey...Niagara Falls, Represent!
Ever and his amigo vs. Keith and Amber...tonight's competition was intense!
Tuona and Giyo
Jairo and me
Tuona, Sam, and Josh
After another super-late night it's time to sleep. I am not ready to leave again.

No comments:

Post a Comment