Friday, July 24, 2009

Panic Attack, Anyone?

Woke up early this morning so I could go to studio and get a bunch of stuff done for my team before our presentation. Cosita was so cute waiting outside the door that I just had to take a few pictures of her.


At school I spent my time finishing up the rest of the existing site sections and preparing drawings for the presentation as well as considering a trip to Samara for the weekend and trying to figure out the logistics of it. The girls from the library left at 1:30 and couldn't wait and there weren't any other cheap options. Most people seemed to be telling me to stick around anyhow.
When we got into our presentation at 3, we pinned up our drawings and I sat down to start. When Kevin told me I could begin, all of the sudden the tightness in my chest from today turned into panic. I didn't know how to start. Not only did I not know how to start, but even when he said to focus on te guidelines I got more upset. I had to leave the room, at which point I just broke down crying for no reason and had to tell myself to calm down and breathe until Kevin came up to get me and helped me chill out a bit. Once we got back to the room everything went fine. I can't explain what happened, just that I really had no control for a few minutes. It was embarrassing.
When we finished with that it was almost 5. I sat down in the kitchen to talk to Sam for a good hour I think and then with Amber who came in, later. Finally called Jairo from the MVI phone and had a tough conversation while he waited for a taxi to work down at the beach. Tough.
After that I was feeling really low and just wanted to go home but a bunch of people were heading to Johnny's so I jumped on the bandwagon. More talking with T and Amber on the walk was good. Once there we just had a drink and ended up being there so long that we decided to have dinner. The whole time I felt like I should have stopped home to tell Daisy I was going out and stopped at Jandro's because we were originally going to hang out tonight. I'm not up to it. After eating and chilling for a bit, Linsey and Tuona invited me to Tuona's for a sleepover. We stopped at Linsey's where Yenaro informed us that it's called a Pijamada...except I don't have PJs...I'm not going to lie, I probably won't make it through a movie, but I guess it was better to come out than to have gone to bed.
Yay friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment