Sunday, July 12, 2009

Leaving the beach...for the last time in Costa Rica

How sad is that?

Woke up this morning around 10 or 11 and walked to Soda La Perla to get gallo pinto with eggs and cheese and some OJ. Got back and ate with Jairo, chatted a bit with his family, and saw his photo album.

He headed to work and I went off to search for the group with Claire, Francisco, and his daughter. Choco was mia and Shaggy hadn't seen anyone so I walked down toward yesterday's spot hoping they would see the albino girl with a soccer ball if I didn't see them! Walked all the way down and a bit past where we were yesterday but couldn't find the group so I started walking back toward Choco's. Amber saw me from where she and Keith had been chilling and grabbed me to chill for a bit before going to Tabanuco/Olas area where I stopped to chill with Jairo and they headed to play their last few games of fussball.

It was a pretty sad day overall to say goodbye to everyone we'd met over the past month or so. Weird how fast you make friends here. Hopefully some of them will venture up the mountain to see us before we leave!
On the way home we all totally passed out. I felt bad for Giovani who told me the other day how much better it is when people like to talk on long trips...oops. We woke back up for the most part after we stopped for gas, stretched, bathroom-ed, and got snacks. The sunset was beautiful. I had to commission Sam to take pics since she was next to the window and my camera was buried in the little bus somewhere.

Got home tired as always after a weekend at the beach. Ran into Kev and Brian on my walk and chatted. Showered and ate dinner when I got home. Harry Potter is on tv...which makes me think of Cait, TK, Jillers, and Rachel...my little HP nuts. No energy to stay awake and watch. Back to the grind tomorrow...officially starting our new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment