Sunday, July 26, 2009

Six-Hour Sunday

Must have been exhausted from the past week or so because I got home this morning and passed out until noon. Woke up and wasn't walking around for more than 5 minutes when Daisy informed me that the phone was for me. I was so groggy. I knew it was a guy speaking Spanish but that was pretty much the extent of it. It was Jairo, duh, and we talked somehow for 5 or 10 minutes while he was on his way to work I think. I'm not realy sure, like I said I had just woken up and my brain can only process the basic, "good morning, how did you sleep?" spanish conversation that quickly. I thought he said he was going to call back, so I bummed around for an hour or so, ate breakfast and painted my nails. Around 1:15 I told Daisy to let him know I'd gone out to watch the game if he called...he didn't. Apparently my spanish really WAS that terrible this morning. haha.

Headed to Johnny's with my "uncle" on his 4-wheeler. It was beautiful this afternoon. Going so fast from one place to another here was a very new concept for me. Usually moving like that is only done in a bus and I'm already passed out OR bouncing around in the back seat of the shockless institute van...either way it was cool.

Got to Johnny's, put on my US jersey to support the home team in the Gold Cup finals against Mexico. We played really well the first half and then rolled over and died in the second after a penalty kick was given to Mexico. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty sure that the penalty should have been against Mexico on that play, if anything, but the truth is, after that the US team sucked it up and lost in a big-time blowout 5-0. Go team. So that was sad, but it was nice to just sit and be alone for a bit, plus the occasional conversation with Luis or Nacho. Josh showed up and changed the pace of the day a bit. I invited Katia out this coming Saturday since I didn't talk to her the other night.

Ran down to Jandro's to say hello but he wasn't in so Josh and I headed back up toward MV where I split off to go home and he kept straight to the institute. I ate dinner, chatted a bit with the little ones.

Went to sleep around 6-something not really sure what my intention was in doing that. Passed out until 2 am. Back to sleep to the howling wind...

No comments:

Post a Comment